The S150 is a fully automatic, self-adhesive labelling system for the application of paper and clear self-adhesive labels to a wide range of products including cylindrical, rectangular, square or oval containers, in glass, plastic or composite materials. The S150 range is designed for maximum versatility, offering the capability to label containers from 10mm dia. to 150mm dia. with minimal change parts.
The S150 has been specifically designed to meet the requirements of the international pharmaceutical industry and the requirements of all the industry’s regulatory bodies, including the FDA, but is equally suited to other industries where flexibility, high-speed accuracy and reliability are prerequisites.
A variable speed roller at the infeed spaces the containers entering the machine. Each individual container is detected at the labelling point as it passes a sensor, at which point the label feed is activated. The leading edge of the label is driven off the backing web at a linear speed that matches the container speed; this ensures smooth, accurate placement on the container surface. The container, gripped between an applicator drum and presser pad, is controlled as the label is pressed firmly in place, ensuring high registration accuracy.
- Stainless steel construction
- Interlocked guarding
- cGMP design
- Stepper motor drive for label web
- Straight label arm, adjustable in all axes
- Full variable speed drives
- Hand wheel adjustment
- Left or right label formats available
- Simple container change, usually without changing parts
- Accurate label placement
- Colour touch screen display
- Allen Bradley or Siemens PLC controls
- Hot foil, thermal, laser and inkjet printing options
- Missing overprint detector
- Missing label detector
- Bar code reading systems
- Vision Systems
- Rotary infeed & outfeed tables
- Secondary presser unit
- Reject station for missing label, faulty/missing overprint and barcode with reject verification
- Validation documentation package and implementation
- Easisplice 470 module enables reel changes without labelling downtime.
- An overprinting device to print variable batch data onto the label. There are several options of the type of device that can be supplied.
- The overprint verifier checks to ensure that the overprint has been applied to the label. This is done using a contrast sensor. The machine can be configured to stop or to reject the unprinted label.
Optical Character Verification (OCV)
- The OCV device checks that each character printed by the coder has been printed correctly.
- The machine can be configured to stop or to reject the incorrectly printed label. There are several options for the type of device that can be supplied. Barcode readers can also be supplied.
Faulty Label Removal System (FLR)
- The FLR will remove from the web all labels which are identified as faulty by the barcode reader or the OCV system, prior to application onto a container. The faulty label is transferred onto a spooled paper tape. Faulty labels are then available for batch reconciliation and inspection.
- A secondary pressing polyurethane foam disc after the initial applicator to ensure good label adhesion, this system also permits rotary positioning following the labelling phase.
Outfeed Conveyor Extension
The outfeed conveyor is extended by 500mm. This is necessary if a Secondary presser unit or Reject station is required. Conveyor extensions can be supplied in increments of 500mm. They may also be added to the infeed of the machine.
Missing label detection system
- An unlabelled product detection system is used utilising one or two Ultra Violet sensors to verify the presence of a label on the container. This is achieved by detecting a UV sensitive agent present in the labels but not present in either the container or product so that if a label is not detected then the container is rejected.
- A pneumatically operated reject gate is fitted which operates on a “Positive Accept” principle such that all containers not positively identified as “good” by all the security systems will be rejected. A verification sensor confirms that all rejected containers pass into the reject bin.
Infeed or Outfeed Turntable
- Turntables can be supplied in three different diameters and configured for the infeed or outfeed of the machine.
- Other additional features or options can be fitted or supplied with a machine. These can be discussed with your local Newman agent of by contacting email@example.com